Gradual pain in testicle. Took ibuprofen. Having problem in masturbation. Blood circulation issue or STD?

General Surgeon
About four days ago I had a gradual pain in my left testicle that seemed to worsen as the day went on. After work I took some ibuprofen and took a nap. I woke up and the pain had substantially subsided. The next day I noticed that there was slight swelling but the intense pain was gone. Now it feels more like a slight pinching or just tightness, not in the testicle itself but slightly above it, like it is in one of the veins attaching it. The only thing I can think of leading up to the event is that I was masterbating and my the testicle had risen a bit. Afterwards I just kind of pushed it back down and didn't think anything of it. I have not been with a partner in well over a year so I don't think it is an STI. What I am wondering is if this is some sort of strain, a blood circulation issue, or something more serious that is requiring attention. There has been no discoloration or discharge.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 26 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Testicle pain can be caused by testicle inflammation, epidydymis, urinary tract stones, inguinal hernia, varicocele, testicle tumor.
With urinary tract infection or stones burning while urinating, frequent urinating and lower abdominal pain should be also present.

Inguinal hernia should give also pain in the groin area especially while standing, coughing or lifting heavy objects. You can perform a simple test. Put your hand in the groin area and try to cough while standing. If any movable lump will appear, hernia is most possible.

Testicle inflammation, epidydymis, varicocele or tumor can give only testicle pain. I suggest you to check your testicle and see if there is any uneven surface area, any noodles like structures (varicocele) and if so, you should start with testicle ultrasound.

Otherwise, I suggest you to have urine analysis performed and if infection is present, antibiotics should be prescribed by your doctor.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.