Got vdrl and western blot test done and found negative result. Looking for suggestion

Question
western blot negative
hello doctor , i am male 26 . i got my vdrl and western blot tests done after 70 day of my protected sexual encounter .

am i clean and safe
i am found nagative in both the tests
please let me know the details
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 35 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The syphilis and HIV are the two most important of the sexually transmitted diseases and the VDRL and Western blot are the serological tests to detect them. The tests have good sensitivity and they are Negative denotes that you do not have these diseases.
Today's era is risky, Unprotected sexual intercourse is most common method of spread of these diseases so you should be cautious in future not to involve in casual sex.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Got vdrl and western blot test done and found negative result. Looking for suggestion 10 hours later
hello doctor ,thank you for the answer . does it mean that i am clean can get marry to have a good sexual life . do i need to get any tests done again .. please confirm me

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 34 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX....
Welcome back.
Yes, go ahead in life dude but beware in future, tests onlycan tell you results but if you got infected next time you are left with no options.
wish you a great health.

Follow-up: Got vdrl and western blot test done and found negative result. Looking for suggestion 16 hours later
thank you doctor .. that was a mistake and will never happen .
i understand the risk and values
but you did not tell me whether tests are required or not .. reply was diplomatic ...
please let me know

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 22 hours later
Hi XXXXXX...,welcome back.You do not need any further test for HIV and syphilis.If you have not done hepatitis B and C then you should rule out them as well.I hope you would be helped conclusively by this consult.