Got tonsils out. Feeling sore throat and nausea. Tried nasal spray. Treated for gerd. How to get relief?

Jan 2013

I have had constant hacking up mucus and constant need to clear my throat for a year now. It causes sore throat, nasuea, everything you can imagine. I got my tonsils out a month ago because they kept getting infevted and now the problem is way worse. Ive tried every nasal spray and done the prevacid treatment for GERD... it only gets worse. This morning im hacking up bright yellow mucus and there is a horrible taste in my mouth making me sick. I don't know what to do anymore... I can't take this anymore. I am getting marries in a month and I am depressed every day due to this. I feel terrible all the time. I used to be happy but now I dread waking up in the mornings.
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 43 minutes later
Symptoms described by you is called as "Post nasal drip". Patient has feeling of mucus in throat and recurrent attempt for clearing throat.
As you have yellow colored mucus which may have bitter taste.
You should take complete antibiotic course.
Throat discomfort by reflux acid may also cause throat irritation. You should also take proton pump inhibitors with prokinetics.
You should take antiallergic with anti inflammatory medicine for getting rid of this problem.
You should also consult with ENT surgeon and gastro-physician.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava