Got the periods even while on Clomid. What else should be taken ?

May 2013
In addition to clomid this cycle I just got my period today, what else should I be taking. DO you think my lining is too thin? I also only have on ovary the left was removed on the second laparoscopy because a cyst encapsulated it.
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
thanks for the query.

According to your description and findings there are two possibilities,

As you are having previous history of endometriosis, which will cause infertility by different means.
In your case the possible causes of infertility are,
endometriosis leading to,

-luteal phase defect:
in this after release of ovum the corpus luteum will not produce sufficient progesterone which is needed for maintenance of luteal phase of cycle.
by this even fertilization occurs the zygote can't be implanted.
according to your ultrasound findings up to 15th day your endometrial lining is normal.
but in luteal phase defect the endometrial thickness after ovulation will be less.

It can be identified by,
endometrial biopsy between 25 to 27 days will show 2 days out of phase.
if serum progesterone levels estimated 1 week after ovulation, that will be less than 10ng/ml.

-luteinised unruptured follicle syndrome: in which the women have regular menses, presumptive evidences of ovulation will be there but ovum will not release, it will get trapped.
so fertilization will not occur.

one more feature of endometriosis is anovulation for which you are taking clomid.

now what you can do is,
-continue clomid.
-discuss above possibilities with your gynecologist.
-as there is chance of recurrence of endometriosis with your doctor advice you can go for laparoscopy again which will help for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please do not forget to accept it.
take care.