Got tested for HIV. Report says HIV combo(ROUCHE).43 COI below mentioned as non-reactive. What does this indicate?

HIV AIDS Specialist
XXXXXXX you for your reply .
i got tested today, last month may 27th morning around 8 clock i had exposure.
today i tested, result was negative. index value remains same .43 .

report contains HIV combo(ROUCHE) .43 COI below mentioned as non-reactive.
method :CMIA/DUO.

how accurate is this result, because i en-quired lab technician who do no know any information about this whether it contains antigen detection or not. she told only antibody. i ask general physician, he also mentioned the same. but in the report they mentioned CMIA/DUO. how much accurate is this report, i will redo the test at 6 week ,8 week and 12 weeks.

i am little depressed , not able to predict. people are not answering my question.

i attached my test report as well
Asked by Me , 1 hour ago     

do you suggest me to take another test tomorrow by another method called ELFA
or CMIA is the best method.

i did CMIA test at 20th day and 28 day exposure, that is today, index value is .43 which remains same. is it good indicator or bad one ?
please guide me
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

HIV COMBO ROCHE Test is a combination test to detect both Antigen and Antibodies against HIV. It is a forth generation test with a very high specificity and sensitivity. It is claimed to be 99.8% accurate. If it is negative after 3-4 weeks of your sexual exposure that means you are free from HIV.

CMIA is also equally reliable test.
ELFA is detecting antibodies against HIV comparatively earlier than ELISA test.

As per your report which is negative after more than 3 weeks, you are free from HIV infection. Nothing to worry.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Got tested for HIV. Report says HIV combo(ROUCHE).43 COI below mentioned as non-reactive. What does this indicate? 2 hours later

thank you doctor,
i exactly test at 28 day that 23-june-2013 and 20 th day 15-june-2013.
value remains same .43 , so i had a concern,
but i will repeat the test after 2 weeks XXXXXXX again
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Welcome back

A Combo test after 28 days is almost conclusive and further tests may not be necessary.

Don't bother about the cut off value. Each company had standardized their reagents and test so that beyond the cut off value the test is considered to be positive or reactive and lesser than that value is considered to be as negative and nonreactive. It doesn't mean the this cut off value has to be reduced.
So you are free from HIV infection.
Dr S.Murugan