Got sperm analysis test. Am I fertile?

Mar 2013
Dear Sir,

I am 25 year Male had unprotected sex couple of times by my gal dint get pregnant, I was worried and got sperm test analysis so here is the report.

Color :- Gray - White
Liquification :- 30 Minutes
Motility Progressive :- 30 % XXXXXXX Non Progressive :- 15 %
Motility Immotile :- 55 %
Viability :- 60 %
Sperm Count :- 65 Million

Please let me know if i can be a father or not please i am worried
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 37 minutes later
Below I would tell you what is a NORMAL semen analysis.
Ejaculate volume: 2 to 6 mL
Viscosity: liquefies within 1 hour
Gross and microscopic appearance: semen should be opaque or cream colored
Sperm count: greater than 20 million per mL
Sperm motility at 1 and 3 hours: greater than 50%
Sperm morphology: more than 60% are normal

Thus your report indicates that your semen motility is lower than normal.

Does this mean that if your numbers are below these levels you and your partner cannot conceive? Of course not. There are many examples of couples conceiving with sperm counts below 20 M/mL or with less than 10% motility. The numbers above represent what is generally considered adequate for a man to be fertile.

Bear in mind that a man's fertility can fluctuate a great deal from week to week. Lots of things affect male fertility. If your fertility is low you should have at least three semen analyses before reaching any conclusions.

If repeated analysis shows decreased motility, you need to consult a Uro XXXXXXX
For normal fertility, a man must produce sperm that can swim up the female reproductive tract to fertilize the egg. Although it might seem straightforward, sperm movement, or motility, is a complex phenomenon that scientists still do not completely understand.

A mature sperm consists of the "head," containing the DNA, a midpiece housing the energy-producing mitochondria and a powerful whip-like tail that provides the propulsion for swimming. A sperm's ability to swim is absolutely critical to normal fertility. While only a few thousandths of a millimeter long, the sperm must travel over 100,000 times its own length to reach and fertilize an egg.

Men with a varicocele--a swollen vein in the scrotum, the sac that holds the testes outside the body--might be infertile because the testis is too hot for optimal sperm production. Men with a varicocele make fewer sperm, and those sperm might have abnormal motility. Contagious infections or inflammation of the male reproductive tract can temporarily make sperm less motile. New evidence reviewed shows that some infertile men have mutations in genes so that their sperm cannot penetrate the egg.

There is no clear treatment for a man diagnosed with abnormal sperm motility. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection might be an option. In this procedure, sperm and eggs are collected into lab dishes and a single sperm is injected directly into the egg to fertilize it, bypassing the need for sperm to swim and penetrate the egg on their own.
Certain supplements presccribed after examining you may help.
maintain a healthy BMI.
Avoid tight undergarments, smoking, drinking etc.
Take care and feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Got sperm analysis test. Am I fertile? 9 minutes later
so what is the conclusion can i become a father or not..And i never smoked nor drink and how can i improve it one of the dr suggested me to take cap r x plus for 15 days do you want me to take that tablet..And can i make kids by inter coursing with my wife.And i am vegetarian so can you please help me what diet i should go for i heard that vitamin c improves your sperm mobility so can u suggest me what fruits and vegetable to have delay..And how much mobility progressive should a normal person have.I have seen in the report it should be between 32 - 70 where i am lagging behind by 2% is my understanding right and cnn you suggest me an dr in hyderabad can you please share his/her contact number so that i can approach them. Please help me and please tell me clearly weather i can be a father or not
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 32 minutes later
I cannot guarantee and stamp that you can be a father.
I have advised you to repeat the semen analysis thrice.
If all reports show the same abnormality ( right now your motility is 20 % lower than normal ), then consult a reputed Uro XXXXXXX
He would examine you and provide you appropriate treatment.
Just by reading your report, I think you have a fairly good chance of pregnancy.
However please follow the steps as suggested.
Have a diet XXXXXXX in green leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, methi, etc.
Take lots of citrus fruits like amla, orange, strawberry, kiwifruits.
Include oats, flax seeds ( alsi ) in your diet.
Take fresh fruits and fresh vegetables, have lots of liquids.
You should remain sexually active around the days of ovulation of your wife, that is around day 10 to day 20, if your wife has regular periods, counting first day of bleeding as day 1.
Follow-up: Got sperm analysis test. Am I fertile? 2 minutes later
Okay thank you so much..But i was a gigolo i used to have sex every other day and i satisfied each an every female but i was worried i heard tht every day sex will make you sperm count less so i got tested it and this is the result..Thank you so much for guiding me and i would be great full if you also suggest me any good sex specialist in hyderabad so that i can get a treatment done..And about the cap rx plus should you want me to take the tablet or not ?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 hours later
You can continue taking it , but better is to consult a Urologist and follow his prescription.
Please go through the following link and consult a good Urologist -