Got small hard bumps which bleed on popping. Concerned

Question
I get these bumps that are hard, and hard to pop, but when they pop blood comes out
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Small bumps which bleed on popping are likely to be due to infected hair follicles.
These are most commonly the result of superficial staphylococcus bacterial infection.
I would suggest you to stop popping those blisters right away, and keep the area clean. You could apply over the counter antiseptics like neosporin for a couple of days after bath, to see if the lesion gets any better. You can plan the next step later, in the event if it doesn't. Keep a vigil on the number of lesions. Go for a review if numbers are increasing steadily and worsening happens over the next few days.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Got small hard bumps which bleed on popping. Concerned 22 hours later
I've had theses for several years, their not painful, I get them mostly around the belt line and on back of legs, their not vivible but I can feel them with fingers, I am a hairy person so I thnk u for the advise

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The bumps persistent for many years could be due to prominent skin glands. If there is no pain or vesicular lesion, then it is a part of normal variation. You can decrease their appearance by keeping the area moist with a good moisturizer and avoiding any irritation in the area. Avoid wearing the belt too tight.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.