Got red purple blood blister. Diagnosed with melanoma. Treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello. Around a year and half ago I went to doctors with something that loom like a XXXXXXX red purple blood blister. The doctors determined it was melanoma and said it was something where the blood has come to the surface. Anyway I thought it had gone down a little but for the past two weeks I've notices it again. It's on my left side of my body on the hip I was thinking I may have aggravated it by holding my son on the hip. I don't think it has changed but it has a light pink ring around it. I'm very worried please help.
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
I have seen the images attached.
The lesion that you have looks like a melanoma. It is not likely to be related to any injury or holding your son on the hip.
This needs a direct examination by a dermatologist for confirmation. Surgical excision under local anaesthesia is recommended for treatment.
It needs to be investigated and then removed under the guidance of your dermatologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.