Got pimples on the penis after having protected sex. STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
I have noticed approximately 8-10 small like pimples on the base of my penis appear within 5 days after protected sex with a prostitute, could I have contacted something where the condom did not cover, I did penetrate XXXXXXX and with force for a considerable period of time.
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S Patra 52 minutes later

You have got 8-10 small pimples on the base of the penis, 5 days after protected sex with a prostitute.
The reasons could be hair folliculitis (small pimple around hair follicle of genital area) or Genital Herpes.

You will need complete clinical examination and blood tests to be done like STD profile including PCR test, cell culture & antibody to HSV (1 & 2) for Herpes and tests like Urine routine and microscopy, HIV test (if initially negative, repeat the test after 3 months),VDRL test to exclude other pathogens.
After that consult with your Dermatologist and take suggestive measures.

Folliculitis may be associated with skin irritation related to use chemical lubricant/ condom. Maintain genital hygiene properly.

It is better to avoid unprotected sex with prostitute/sex workers to avoid STD & AIDS in the future.
If not possible, use double condom as extra protection.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you better health.