Got paralyzed in left side. How to recover it?

Feb 2013

Sir, My fathers left hand and leg was paralysi 4 years ego and leg was 80% recovered but left hand is not recovering.
Need your suggestioin.
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 10 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

The percentage of recovery post paralysis varies individually. Therefore physiotherapy is the mainstay of therapy to improve the function of limb during the early recovery period.

So my suggestion is to be in regular follow up with his Physiotherapist. Review with your neurophysician at frequent intervals to monitor the progress. Keep his hope high with positive words and attitude as mental depression can impair chances of recovery.

Lastly, the progress is usually gradual and slow. So remain patient.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.