Got hiv duo by CMIA IV generationtest as non reactive. Is it HIV free and normal?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
I got HIV Duo by CMIA IV generation test as Non reactive (0.18). Is it HIV free and normal? Will 0.18 be range possible in all others..or should i go for alternate test? I am intending to apply for visa..and hence worried.

Also I got Hepatitis markers HBSAg serum/CMIA as non reactive (0.01) and Anti HCV (serum/cmia) as non reactive (0.04)
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 41 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

HIV DUO by CMIA IV generation test is more than 99% specific and sensitive as it is being tested with both antigen and antibody. It is highly reliable. Every test has a cut off value indicated by the manufacturers. Anything less than the CUT OFF value is nonreactive. You need not bother about the titre value. As the tests for Hepatitis were also negative.
So you need worry about these things and you will not have any problem in getting VISA
Wish all the best.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Got hiv duo by CMIA IV generationtest as non reactive. Is it HIV free and normal? 3 hours later
Hello Sir
Thanks for the answer. Now, the last line in your answer states - "So you need worry about these things and you will not have any problem in getting VISA.

Should I read it as "Need not worry".

regards
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

I am extremely sorry. I meant only that you need not worry as you understood it correctly. It was mistakenly typed like that. Once again sorry for the same.
I am happy that you got the point.
Dr S.Murugan