Got hit the top of my head. Developed a lump. What should I do?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
About 20 minutes ago I hit the top of my head off of the corner of a cupboard door. I have a huge lump but I didn't black out or anything. Do I need to go to the hospital?
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 33 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
if you didnt have black out and dont experience nausea, tingling in neck, vomiting, amnesia or somnolence you dont have to go to hospital.
If you experience any of that now or later, go to hospital and do head xray.

At home, put some cold compress on lump, lay in dark room,and take nonsteroid painkillers if you feel pain.
Lump should pull back in a few days.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help