Got hit on thigh and started hurting. How to get relief?

Hi I fell over 4 months ago and hit my thigh. I had an X XXXXXXX nothing was broken. Now my thigh hurts more than it did when it happen and itches. This started about a week ago.
Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 hours later

I am glad to know that X-ray revealed no fracture. Even if there was a minor fracture, 4 months is sufficient time to heal and therefore I can assure you - your current symptoms are not related to the fall.

Based on the details provided I am unable to relate the high intensity pain and itching to any serious organic medical condition. Perhaps this is just a muscle strain. I suggest you to try antiinflammatory analgesics such as Advil 400mg twice a day for a few days for pain and Claritin lotion for itching. If symptoms do not improve with these medications you will need to visit your doctor for a detailed examination.

Hope this plan of treatment is helpful. I will be pleased to answer any other concerns that you might have.

Best Wishes