Got hit on head. Small bump appeared, no headache, nausea or vision issue. Worrisome

My cat knocked a small wooden figurine over on my head this morning and there was a small bump. It is pretty tender. I haven't had a headache, nausea, or any vision issues. Is this something I should worry about?
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 9 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Usually these bumps (especially if small) are harmless. Other than an ice pack to be applied on the region soon after the injury or as soon as awareness is attained, and then for a day or two, not much medical attention is required. Ice pack can be applied for 10-15 minutes, not continuous (as tolerated), 2-3 times a day.

As mentioned by you, you are not experiencing any serious symptoms. Let me list them all out for you: loss of consciousness, confusion, disorientation, headache (persisting and worsening), vomiting, memory loss, vision disturbances, mood changes, difficulty in balancing. If you experience any of these symptoms, please visit a doctor at the earliest.

If you are not experiencing any of these symptoms, you should be fine in a day or two. In the meantime, avoid sudden and rapid head movements, and get some rest.

I hope this information helps. Do not worry, you should be fine in no time. Do write back to me for any more information. I would gladly help. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.