Got hit on arm. Getting pain in arm and tingling fingers. What to do?

I hurt my arm more than two months ago. There was no injury that occurred, but something changed. The
arm feels weak and I raise it above my head. The problem is in the right arm. I feel more pain in the side
of my arm and it feels warm to the touch. There is some tingling in my fingers and the back of the shoulder
as well as the front of it hurts.

Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
The pain in the arm along with tingling of fingers needs a medical attention before it gets worse. These both the symptoms may occur due to nerve injury that may be occurred at the time of trauma. We need to be investigated for that. Weakness in the arm is the other symptom that occurs due to the nerve injury or compression.
Other possibilities that cause such type of symptoms are:
1. Nerve compression at Cervical spine level (Cervical Spondylosis)
2. Lack of blood supply to the area (Arteriosclerosis)
3. Vitamin Deficiency
4. Nerve damage due to use of alcohol or tobacco.
5. Abnormal Calcium and Sodium level.

Consult your orthopedic specialist and get you MRI scan of the part done to rule out any nerve injury or compression. He/she clinically examined you and may order certain exercise and physiotherapy that helps you in reducing your pain and other symptoms. Meanwhile take analgesic drugs to reduce pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Always happy to answer your other queries.
Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery
Dr. Kulbir Singh