Got fever with sore throat and cold. No relief from antibiotic. Symptoms of typhoid?

Hello Sir,
I got fever with sore throat and cold last week and consult to a Physician and he recommend me some antibiotic tablets but it did not helped me.
I visit to another physician after a week when I got severe cold and cough with fever in night time.
He prescribed me Paracip 650, Taxim-Az and six dose of Monocef 1gm (injection in morning and evening for 3 days).I have completed the dose 2 days back and now I do not have fever, cold is also not there but sometimes I get cough which is dark yellow in colour and some blood particles and I am still feeling lethargy.
Is there any symptoms of typhoid or any other disease.
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 28 minutes later

According to your history I feel that you are suffering from acute bronchitis. Here patient show symptoms of productive cough , fever and cold.

Acute bronchitis is characterized by the presence of a productive cough that may lasts for 15 days to a month.
Individuals exposed to cigarette smoke, chemical irritants or who are immunocompromised have an increased risk of developing bronchitis.

Bronchitis may be diagnosed by a physician during a thorough physical examination.

Though you have already completed the course of antibiotic and feeling better now, but still if the productive cough does not subside in a week, I would advice you to get the diagnostic tests such as a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia.

A sputum culture to rule out whooping cough or other bacterial respiratory infections, or a pulmonary function test to rule out emphysema would be necessary.

In the interim try XXXXXXX steam inhalation. Warm milk mixed with turmeric can be beneficial.

I hope this information helps you. Let me know if you need further assistance.
take care.
Dr. Farah Hussain.
Follow-up: Got fever with sore throat and cold. No relief from antibiotic. Symptoms of typhoid? 2 hours later
Dear Mam,
Thanks a lot for such a descriptive reply.

I am not getting much cough but feeling lethargy.

Also please confirm that after taking the antibiotic course, is there any chance for Typhoid.

I will wait for a week time and if problem persist then will go for the check ups you have mentioned above.

Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 47 minutes later
Hello ,

Thanks for replying back and showing concern.

About lethergy , it is kind of fatigue you may have developed due to weakness and sleep deprivation as you were ill all these days. Lack of nutrition and vitamin deficiency also leads to lethergy.
As you were on heavy antibiotic coverage so far , over stimulation of the medicines also leads to lethergy.

Take XXXXXXX and healthy diet to make up for your nutritional deficiency. Take adequate sleep and rest, avoid physical stress.

It is unlikely to be due to typhoid.

Hope this helps. If you do not have any more queries please close this discussion.

Regards ,
Dr. Farah Hussain.