Got faint positive response on 8dpo. Negative HPT. Am I pregnant?

Average
Question
I tested at 8dpo and got a visible faint positive on 4 first response tests and then I got negative hpt on digital and the next day but its only showing faints on first response period not due until Thursday. Am I pregnant?
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
A faint positive response on first response at 8dpo cannot be considered as a positive test. A digital test is more sensitive. It s best to wait for at least 4-5 days more and repeat the test to get a proper result.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Got faint positive response on 8dpo. Negative HPT. Am I pregnant? 3 minutes later
Just curious as why they all showed up within 2 min on all first response tests that came from 2 different stores... And I got another one this evening.. I uploaded my first image.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 57 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen the image. The test line is very faint and cannot be considered as a positive.
The result comes within 3-4 minutes and such a faint line is not suggestive of a positive test.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.