Got cough after using bleach at home. No headache, sore throat, chest pain. Any infection?

I was cleaning mold with bleach had lots of ventilation however my grandchild threw up once and has a cough
took him to doctor the doctor gave him cough syrup but he is tired he has no headache and no sore throat no chest pain he is ten years old says he has no troublebreathing but not sure if he has flu or to much exposure to bleach
fumes or both what can i do to ease his cough and is being tired part of flu
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
The symptoms of cough and tiredness could be due to flu. Being tired is not likely to be related to the exposure to the bleach fumes.
Usually viral fevers will subside on their own within a week or two unless they get complicated.
Your grandson can do steam inhalation for relief. Keep well hydrated with plenty of warm fluids and especially fruit juices.
Keep warm, avoid exposure to cold as this could aggravate the problem.
Give hm plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Eat high protein diet like cereals, pulses, chicken, lean meat, eggs.
He can take cough suppressants if the cough is not subsiding. Also if yellow colour sputum or shortness of breath develops then you may need to consult with the Doctor.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Got cough after using bleach at home. No headache, sore throat, chest pain. Any infection? 16 hours later
he is feeling much better today no sputum and a lot less tired thank you.
Thank you.
It is good that he is feeling better now.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards