Got burn on face with boiling water. Washed with cold water and applied silverex gel. Will I get scar?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I got burn on my face with almost boiling water. I washed the face with cold water after that for about ten minutes. after taping the region with cotton cloth, I applied Silverex gel on affected skin. I applied twice the same day. Will there be scars on my face. If so, how to remove the same? Please answer me.

Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chances of permanent scars are lesser.

Detailed Answer:
The burns on the face caused by a boiling water are likely to be superficial burns. The possibility of scar formation depends on the depth of the skin involved in the burns, the infection, etc.
Right now, to decrease the chances of scar formation, do take proper antibiotics after consulting your physician to avoid an infection in the area. The treatment of scar formed can be done with the help of LASER therapy under the guidance of a dermatologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.