Got bad sunburn on face. Noticed yellow liquid discharged. How to treat this?

Hi - I got a fairly bad sunburn on my face yesterday and today there was some yellow liquid discharged. Some of it had also crusted into a solid. What is this yellow liquid/should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Sun Burn
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 32 minutes later
Sunburn occurs due to ultraviolet rays of sun. It presents itself as red skin, swelling, itching, pain, blisters and oozing skin. This yellow liquid discharge is nothing but serous discharge that has dried to form crust. Do not be concerned, the discharge just implies that you had a severe sun burn.
To treat the same avoid sun exposure. Do cold compresses. Apply a topical steroid antibiotic cream ( like flutibact) for few days. If there is pain take a pain killer ( ibuprofen) and if there is itching you may take tablet cetirizine. If the concerned areas are dry apply a bland moisturiser like cetaphil.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be any doubt, feel free to write back.