Got an ACL surgery with harmstring graft for leg. Having pain in kneecap while climbing steps. Any cure?

I got an ACL Surgery with Harmstring graft for my right leg past 4 months back.I have started my regular activites like little bit of walking and strengthing of my muscles with sandbag and therband. Iam getting much pain in kneecap while climbing steps or when doing strengthing exercises.
Is my problem solves with PayaSoup?. If not please guide me how to reduce pain gradually
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 8 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
Paya soup helps in healing the injury of the ligament and bones, so you can continue taking this as per your taste. But to get rid from the pain you have to follow some instructions:
1. As you have under gone surgery 4 months back, you are not allow to do hard exercises that put pressure on knee joint. You can Climb stairs but with proper care that your knee cannot feel pressure.
2. Do regular exercise as per direction of your physiotherapist to get strength to your knee joint.
3. You may continue physiotherapy like wax bath if your doctor advise you.
4. Do hot fermentation of the knee twice a day.
5. Can take analgesic drugs and apply local gel at the site to reduce pain.
6. Wear a knee cap or brace while walking or climbing stairs. This will give stability to your joint.

Feel free to consult your treating doctor if your pain persists. He will guide you better as he known your injury well and the other measures he can take to get relief.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer your other related query.
Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery.
Dr. Kulbir Singh