Got a hand job done during massage. Chances of HIV infection?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hello, And thanks in advance for the help.
I am a male - 24 years old.

2 days ago, i received a massage that ended with a handjob. the masseuse washed her hands with soap before giving me the handjob. However, I touched her butt for a few seconds and finished the handjob myself.

What are the chances of me getting HSV2 from this encounter ?

Thank you
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 37 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Hand job is absolutely safe and risk free as far as HIV/STD are concerned. Usually anybody who handles other's genitals are keen enough to wash their hands. So a professional girl like the massage parlor attendant also should be like that of your masseuse did. So you are still more safe.
By touching the butt for few seconds and after that doing hand job also is also not infectious as far as any STD ,especially HSV2 is concerned. All STD causing organisms are highly fragile and cannot be viable outside the body for more than few seconds. So you are safe and nothing to worry.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Got a hand job done during massage. Chances of HIV infection? 4 minutes later
By touching the butt for few seconds and after that doing hand job also is also not infectious as far as any STD ,especially HSV2 is concerned.

Why is HSV2 singled out ?

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 10 hours later
Welcome back.

HSV2 has not singled out. As you asked particularly about HSV2, I pointed out the same more emphatically.

Moreover as far as HSV2 is concerned, it will not produce lesions elsewhere in the body other than genitals and anus unlike that of HSV1 which is mostly spread through nonsexual contact, at the same time it can produce lesions over genitals also. That means HSV2 cannot be viable other than genital mucous membrane to be infectious to others. So touching the butt for few seconds and doing hand job is risk free.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Got a hand job done during massage. Chances of HIV infection? 7 minutes later
I had a red spot on genital glans with no itchy or burning feeling a few hours after the handjob. could this be a symptom of genital herpes ?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 13 hours later
Once again Welcome back.
First of all, HSV2 cannot occur within few hours after the contact.
For any infection there must be some time to establish the disease inside the body and to manifest externally and that is called as incubation period.
For HSV 2 infection, it is around 2 days to 2 weeks. So it cannot manifest within hours. HSV2 will appear as tiny grouped vesicles containing clear fluid over or around genitals, then these lesions go for grouped tiny ulcers and will heal after a week or two.
Other reddish spots are not necessarily related to HSV.
You better consult your dermatologist, he/she will guide you further for investigation and treatment of the red spot.
Good luck to you.
Dr S.Murugan