Got a hand job done at the massage parlor. Rubbed penis with hands using oil. Chances of HIV infection?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi doc,

I've got a question regarding HIV transmission. Is it possible to get it by hand job? Last 4 days i visited a massage parlor. I had a massage and hand job. The masseuse which i don't know of her health status rubbed the tip of my penis and stroke my penis using massage oil. The light is dim and i couldn't see whether or not her hands got a cut or something. If she had previous customer with HIV positive, and if she didn't wash her hands properly when giving me hand job, will HIV transmit by getting in my urethra when she was rubbing the tip of my penis with her hands? As far as i know i have no cuts or sores around my genital areas. Thats all doc. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 42 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I can understand your anxiety but there is nothing to be worried about.
HIV can only transfer by actual body fluid exchange.As no such exchange has occurred in your case ,HIV transmission is highly unlikely.As you did not had any active lesions ulcers over your penis there is hardly any exposure involved.Moreover oil is not suitable for HIV virus survival.HIV virus does not survive outside the human body for more than few minutes.
Even if masseuse had a previous HIV positive customer there is no way it could be transferred to you.Even after actual unprotected sex with HIV positive person risk involved per act is low.
Hope this clears your doubts.
I will be available for any further clarification.
DrSudarshan
Dermatology, STD specialist

Follow-up: Got a hand job done at the massage parlor. Rubbed penis with hands using oil. Chances of HIV infection? 3 hours later
Hello doc,

Thats a relief... by your reply, am I considered as risk free?. Do i have to take any test? Please advice doctor. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 8 hours later
Hi again,
As far as this act is considered, there is no exposure involved and no testing is necessary.
Hope this helps.
Dr Sudarshan