Got a cut on head. Should I get stitches?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had quite a XXXXXXX cut on my head as you can see from the picture. My question is, should I get stitches or let it naturally heal?
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
I have seen the photo attached. You have indeed a XXXXXXX cut on your scalp. It needs to be stitched for proper healing.
Leaving it unstitched will cause a delayed healing, a bad scar and it might get infected also.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.