Goosebumps on thigh, numbness in fingers. Particular reason?

I've had a particular area of my left thigh break out in goosebumps. I get this weird sensation and it lasts for about 10 seconds. It has happened about 3 times in the last week or so. I'm also experiencing numbness in my pinky and ring finger on my left hand that happened tonight for a few minutes until I re positioned it. Is there any particular reason why one region in my leg would break out in goosebumps?
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later

It seems like a sort of contact dermatitis that you are experiencing due to exposure to an unnoticed contact like an insect bite, ticks, or any allergen. Also, because of the pre-existing skin sensitivity in you.

However, it does not seem a major health concern. Consider using calamine lotion on the affected areas to soothen the skin and also to prevent the progression of the goosebumps.

Take anti-histamine like Tablet. Zyrtec 10mg at night for next 3 days to bring down the allergy.

Dust your linen and bed before you go to bed. Use them washed and clean.

You should be fine soon.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Goosebumps on thigh, numbness in fingers. Particular reason? 3 hours later
I think I need to be more specific. This isn't an allergen response. This area of goosebumps appears on one region of my leg and only lasts for 5-10 seconds. It's as if it's raising from fear or cold, but it comes out of nowhere and recedes just as quickly. It's not rash-like. My hairs are raised. I also experience hand numbness, and anxiety after this happens. This may be a neurological response to something.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

As you rightly said, it may be a physiological response to cold, fear or stress. This happens normally in all individuals due to sympathetic nervous system stimulation.

There is no need for you to be concerned about it. It will go away gradually.

Consider taking Multivitamin supplements for sometime so that your general immunity improves.

You should be fine soon.

If you have no more queries, please accept my answer and write a review.