Going to get EEG for MS. Will it affect test results if I smoke weed the night before the test?

I am getting an EEG tomorrow morning at 11am to test for MS. I usually smoke weed to sleep. If I do smoke tonight, will it effect my test results?
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
Hello there,
I am afraid that smoking weed might interfere with your EEG test results. So kindly abstain from smoking weed totally , if you can help it. But atleast , definitely avoid it prior to the day of the test. In fact, smoking weed on a long term basis can affect the EEG patterns and lead to well recognized patterns. I would suggest you inform your physician about using weed so that he is able to interpret the EEG in the right perspective.
All the best.
Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan