Glucose range shows 122 reference range. Does it mean I am diabetic?

Hi Doctor. .my glucose range shows 122 reference range..fasting blood results. . does it mean that I am having diabetic ?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

A fasting blood glucose test of 122 is well within normal limit. It is said to be in diabetic range when it crosses over 126mg/dl.

Also, to diagnose a person with Diabetes, we need to do other tests like PPBS, glycoyslated hemoglobin, and glucose tolerance test.

I would suggest you to do all these tests before I comment further on your diabetes state.

Thank you!
Follow-up: Glucose range shows 122 reference range. Does it mean I am diabetic? 8 minutes later
thank you so much for the reply. . Doctor. .
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:

Pleasure is mine, any time.

Take care!