Given Siphene and susten along with follicular and ovulation recording. Got periods, bloated stomach and cramps

Infertility Specialist
In this cycle (starting 11th May) I was given Siphene (from 15th May to 19th May) and with follicle monitoring and Hucog HP 0000, ovulation was recorded (25th may) but left on natural course along with prescription of taking 10 days Susten VT 200 (ended on 4th june), now my periods have started (8th june) but they are light with no good flow as compared to usual cycles. Its the 4th day now but my lower abdomen is all bloated with painful intermittent cramping and throughout my period I was on one tab of tremadol per day to relieve pain from cramping. I also suffer from endometrosis and had laproscopy last year to remove 5 cm chocolate cyst from right ovary.
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 49 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Painful cramps might be due to many reasons. First, as you had ovulatory cycle with medicines, this itself can cause painful period. Second, as you had surgery for endometriosis, the recurrenc of endometriosis or adhesions formed due to endometriosis or adenomyosis might cause pain. These two conditions are not much harmful & you can continue tab tramadol as & when required. Third worrisome cause of pain is ectopic pregnancy, especially as you had reduced flow during menses. Though ectopic pregnancy won't manifest so early, it is always better to rule it out by blood test(serum beta hCG). You can do the test in any standard laboratory.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Wish you good health.