Give information regarding gastric bypass method without surgery to reduce food consumption and appetite

I have come across the question of appetite suppression in conjunction with good eating choices. I refuse to even consider gastric bypass surgery to lose 35 kilos. But I ran into to the website of Rocca Labs ( WWW.WWWW.WW that offers what is described as a gastric bypass method WITHOUT surgery to reduce food consumption and appetite.There are even Youtube videos about it. I would appreciate your comments about this method. Thanks. Sorry, it's WWW.WWWW.WW (with only one C). Thanks.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 23 hours later
Brief Answer: need more details Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through the link WWW.WWWW.WW They do have a gastric bypass method without surgery. However, I cannot get access to the further details of the product. Could you please mention the composition of this supplement or medicine? You can also share the youtube video links if possible. However, it seems like this is not medically approved by the FDA. I would not advise my patients to try this without any valid medical research data. Regards,
Follow-up: Give information regarding gastric bypass method without surgery to reduce food consumption and appetite 4 hours later
Here is the information about ingredients etc. WWW.WWWW.WW I entered the website information but it appears above instead ofbelow your latest reply. Please see further up. Thanks. Thank you. By clicking at parts of the Web site you get to other pages. The process mimicks bypass with ingestion of fibers that reduce stomach capacity and reduce appetite. It is produced in an FDA approved lab and OS comsidered an additive which itself doesn't require approval.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer: I would not endorse the product - My opinion Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the additional details. I have gone through the other parts of the website as well. There is no mention of the composition of the formula anywhere on the website. Hence, it is difficult to comment on its use or benefits. I heard of such diet which quickly bypasses the stomach and reduces the absorption and also reduces the appetite. Honestly no experience with my patients. FDA has not evaluated this product and the site clearly mentions that this formula does not diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Regards, Brief Answer: ingredients are metabolically inert substances Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through the ingredients of the formula namely β-Glucan, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Konjac and Inulin. Most of the these are metabolically inert substances. As such, they do not cause any action on the body. Their net effect on body metabolism is zero. They swell up and fill the large area of stomach, and remain there for several hours. This suppresses your appetite. You tend to eat less and therefore, it leads to a medical gastric bypass and subsequently weight loss. All of these seems to be working pretty well. However, there are no clinical trials or FDA approval for the same. It would be valid if there were randomized controlled studies done on this formula, and that it was approved by the FDA. Unfortunately, it is not. With time, a detailed study and FDA approval may happen for this product. However, at this point of time, I would not recommend this to my patients until I am convinced with medical literature and evidence, along with clinical trial papers about the product proving its efficacy. This is my personal opinion. If you do not have further queries, please close the discussion. Wish you good health and take care of yourself. Regards,