Getting throbbing sensation in head. What am I suffering from?

Nov 2013

my name is XXXXXX im 27 years old for the past few months i been dealing with throbbing in my head i have barely any headaches and i have this vein on the left side of my temple that feels like it thumping what can this be please help
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 30 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, it appears to be a case of mild degree migraine.

In this condition, people complain of throbbing sensations often on one side of head, and sometimes on both sides.

The vein in question is actually the superficial temporal artery, which pulsates during the attacks of migraine.

There is no need to worry at present.

If symptoms are troubling you, you may start on preventive migraine medications.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog: