Getting sweat in palms. Advice treatment?

Hi Doctor,
i am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX j am getting sweat in palms please advice have any treatment.

Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 25 hours later

I can understand your concern.

Sweating on the palms is quite distressing.

The treatment with aluminium hexahydrate, iontophoresis or botox are beneficial.

Usually the first line of treatment is application of aluminium hexahydrate on the palms. The sweating is observed for 6 to 8 weeks. If there is no relief, then iontophoresis is next tried out. Many patients benefit with that. Iontophoresis is carried out with a small instrument , the procedure can be done at home.

The last modality usually tried is botox and can be quite effective. It consists of multiple injections on the palm. The effect continues for six to eight months and then has to be repeated again.

I would recommend that you XXXXXXX your doctor and discuss the above recommendations with him.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.