Getting small hormonal zit under my chin after stopping birth control pills. Concerned?

I have been off birth control for almost 3 months and felt like I was getting a small hormonal zit under my chin earlier this week but nothing came of it. Last night I slept with a Vitamin C serum with AHA, and tonight I put on a calrifying mask - about an hour ago I felt my chin and there is knot about the size of a nickle. Everything I am reading says this might be cancer? Has me really concerned.

Additionally, my daughter was boucing around tonight and hit me in the nose with her leg so hard I became sick to my stomach. Just putting that out there as something else said that head trauma could be a factor too. Just readingtoo much and want an answer so I can sleep.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 32 minutes later

See you have developed a small knot below your chin.
First of all, I would like you to understand that any cancerous lesion is never rapidly growing.
Malignant lesions are usually slow growing and are painless in nature.
So, I am not of the view that the lesion can be cancerous in nature.

Now, as far as your problem is concerned, it looks like you have either developed cervical lymphadenitis or an infective pyodermic lesion.

As far as the lymphadenitis is concerned, it presents as a smooth painful swelling in the neck region. It mostly occurs whenever there is any lesion or disease in the oral cavity or involving the teeth. A sore throat or any infection involving the head and face can lead to lymph node swelling.
Secondly, there is a possibility that you have developed a pyodermic lesion which presents as a painful red lesion.

Now to get a probable diagnosis, I would like to know if you have any associated pain or discomfort in the lesion.
However, if the lesion is completely painless, is it smooth to feel?
Also, if there is any skin lesion present along, I would like to have a look at the skin lesion.
In that case, you can click a close up picture of the skin lesion and upload it here on this page. You can also email the picture at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Waiting for your response