Getting skin allergy regularly. Stopping cetirizine leads to allergy again. Permanent solution?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Getting skin allergy regullary , i had taken treatment with skin specalist , he has give some tablet . Untill taking tablet no issues , but if stop having tablet . Again im getting the same.If i take allergy tablet (cetirizine) regularly , there is no . But im looking for the permanent solution .
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Hi there.

Firstly I would like to explain about allergic skin disease. There is no known cure of this condition. There is only one way of avoiding suffering from this disease, that is by avoiding the allergic substances which irritate your skin.

You will need to avoid certain soaps, detergents, food items, clothes, footwear etc. which you feel you are allergic to. Avoid sunlight exposure as much as possible, avoid exposure to pollution in air as well.

There are certain medication which are useful in preventing allergic attacks like Anti-histamines like Cetrizine, also Steroid creams. They will only prevent an allergic reaction or reduce the severity of the reaction.

You can apply anti-allergic moisturizer like Dermaveen cream which is very good in reducing symptoms and also keeps skin tough and moisturized. Apply any moisturizer on the dry and painful areas of your skin.

If you are having very painful localized skin lesions on the body, you can discuss with your Dermatologist about the need for Steroid ointment.

Eat a balanced diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink 1-2 litres of water a day. Do daily brisk walking for 40 minutes as moderate exercise is known to show benefit in modulating immune system and less chance of allergic reaction in some cases.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing good health.