Getting rash on stomach. Applied cream for eczema. Losing pubic hair. Any infection?

Oncologist, Surgical
Hi I have had a rash that started on my stomach on the bottom left hand side, I now have two patches on both lower legs and it becomes really flaky and itchy. I have had all sorts of creams for eczema but none have worked. I have been having pubic hair loss and being very itchy there also. I have had the rashes for over a year now and I now have scaring on my stomach were the skin has gotten thick ( I was told this when I was in hospital for gald bladder complaint) The itchiness is terrible and it looks bad too, its driving me mad
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 4 hours later
Dear ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. From your description it looks like you are suffering from psoriasis, which can give rise to these itchy patches with excessive scaling. The problem with disease is that it keeps on waxing and waning and can spread to other parts as well.
Only creams are not effective in managing this condition and you may require steroids under a dermatologists supervision. A skin biopsy is required to diagnose this condition. This problem is not related to your gall bladder surgery.

Hope you get well soon. Please feel free to clarify any other query.