Getting painful sores on head from taking quetiapine fumarate along with bupropion hydrochloride. Suggest?

Dec 2012

getting sores on head from taking quetiapine fumarate along with bupropion hydrochloide ,.they are very painfull,wondering what to take or do.
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

I am Dr. Nsah and I am pleased to be able to assist you with your query,

First we need to be absolute sure that the soreness is as a result of any or combination of both medications. If you took those and immediately developed the sores a few minutes to hours later, then either or both are likely the cause. But if you have been taking these medications already (not recently started) and you have the sores, then the cause is most likely not the medications.
I suggest you get your doctor's attention as soon as possible as his opinion after review is paramount.
Quetiapine fumarate on its own do have any known side effects as soreness of the head, same goes for bupropion hydrochloride. There are no known interactions between the two medications but as I said, do seek your doctor's opinion first hand.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.