Getting pain because of gallbladder stone. Will it be dissolved with UDIVI medicine?

Gastroenterologist
Question
my son 20 years old, he is getting pain because of gallbladder stone. we have done ultosound scanning found 9.1 MM stone in galbladder. will be disolved with UDIVI medicine. how is sucess rate- thx yellaiah
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your question.

A complete dissolution is possible only with smaller stones ( stones less than 6 mm).
Even then a complete dissolution is seen only in about 50% of the cases.

Since his stone is bigger and that he had pain due to stone, the ideal treatment is to get the gall bladder removed.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Getting pain because of gallbladder stone. Will it be dissolved with UDIVI medicine? 12 hours later
what are implecations if we go with surgical procedure, is it major operation? how much cost incure? how many days required to cure after surgery? As kid is going to college is there any precautions we should take?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 11 hours later
It can be done laparoscopically.
The hospital stay would be 1-2 days.
He can return to his routine work within a week.
The cost varies in different hospitals. You may have to discuss about that with his surgeon.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Getting pain because of gallbladder stone. Will it be dissolved with UDIVI medicine? 2 hours later
Dear sir,
what are implecations if we go with surgical procedure? i mean side effects?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 hours later
Gall bladder can be removed by both open method and laparoscopic method.
Laparoscopic method is safer.
Very rarely, injury to the bile duct ( the tube that drains the bile from liver to the intestine) may get damaged . But the risk is very very low.

If there are no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini