Getting on and off irregular shaped rough red lump. Does skin caner appears this quickly?

I have a irregularly shaped rough red XXXXXXX larger than a pencil eraser on my XXXXXXX that was not there yesterday. Does skin caner appear this quickly?
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for putting up your problem at Healthcare Magic!
No cancer is known to occur that fast, but infections are known to occur even more rapidly than that!
Most likely it is a bruise due to some inadvertent trauma and would subside by itself in next 7-10 days.
It may be a local infection- a cellulitis or an erysipelas if it is painful and if you are sure you did not got injured the previous day.
In that case you would need antibiotics in supervision of your physician.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Take Care!