Getting headache frequently. Previously was both sides but now only one side. Eye sight normal. Cause?

I am getting headache frquently. Previously it was both sides but now a days I am feeling pain only one side of the head. I have checked my eye site also there are no issues with my eyes.
Please suggest me..
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This could be a migraine...

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Of the various causes of recurrent headache, migraine and stress related tension headaches are one of the common types. You could be dealing with these.

Besides the eye check you, you will also need check your sinuses for inflammation. Chronic sinusititis may be lurking and causing these headaches. We can plan proper treatment to prevent headaches once the cause is found.

You are requested to see your doctor and undergo the following check up:
1. Life style assessment - the doctor will assess the trigger factors from life style through a detailed history.
2. Vital recording - essential to record blood pressure changes
3. Complete eye evaluation - besides refractory error, glaucoma and other ophthalmic problems can cause such headaches.
4. CT scans to rule out intracranial pathologies.
5. Lastly routine blood investigation complete blood count and ESR to rule out systemic illness.

Following this set of evaluation, you can be started on drugs to prevent headaches. Drugs like amitriptyline on daily basis will help you. I usually start with 25mg once a day regimen, if all the aforementioned check up are normal.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.