Getting hart heart beats. Have MVP, normal BP. What could be this?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Every so often I get a couple really hard heart beats. I have MVP and it isn't that like fluttery feeling. It will be like 1-3 real hard beats that almost make my chest not exactly hurt but maybe pressure in the center and feels warm? My bp is generally low/normal like 80's over 50's-60's. It doesn't seem to matter the activity as it happens even while I'm sleeping and not necessarily if I'm running or exerting. My weight 103. Age 49. exercise and active 5-6 days weekly
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 27 minutes later
Having VPCs is common in hypothyroidism as well as in MVP. One missed beat or hard beat is only a sensation, then I shall suggest that you should try and ignore them as they're mostly innocuous.
If they are frequent or troublesome or they are producing any other symptoms, you need to be evaluated further and treated accordingly. The first thing I would suggest is to have Holter done and also recheck your thyroid function. If both of them are normal then there is no reason for concern. If they are abnormal please get back to me with reports and I shall suggest what needs to be done.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have more questions