Getting feeling of full stomach and severe gas. How to get rid of this?

General Surgeon
my stomach is like always full .and i m getting repeated gas from my stomach. its really uncomfortable
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by acid reflux disease, hiatal hernia, peptic ulcer or due to stress or anxiety. It is advisable for you to have some diagnostics. Abdominal ultrasound, full blood work and upper GI endoscopy should be performed. Helicobacter Pylori test should be also done during the endoscopy.
Sometimes gas like feeling appears due to air swallowing. It is called aerophagia and mostly is caused by chewing gum, smoking, drinking carbonated drinks, eating too fast.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.