Getting clogged ear and jaw after the use of viagra. What could be the reason? Medications to lessen the effect?

ENT Specialist
Question
I am always getting a clogged ear and jaw pain 24 hours after the use of Viagra (50mg). It takes a few days before the symptoms disappear. What could be the reason for this problem and are there any other medication available with less side effects?
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. The jaw pain after the use of sildenafil (Viagra) may be due to cardiovascular side effects. You must discontinue its use and recheck with your doctor.

2. Get your ears examined. If they are normal, the clogged ear feeling is a referred sensation from the jaw.

3. If the ears are clogged with wax, or due to tadalafil, vardenafil are alternatives to sildenafil.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.