Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting burning sensation on penis and scrotum with leg. Doesn't hurt when urinate but only burns. Suggest?

Jul 2016

I'm getting a burning sensation in my penis and scrotum ,also left leg also .it doesn't hurt when I urinate but burns after I do ,no other symptoms or visible pain at all
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is likely to be due to UTI

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Acute UTI predominantly Acute Cystitis .

Please get following investigation done and consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and further treatment.
1) Routine Urine Test and urine culture done to confirm the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out presence of urinary stones.

In the meanwhile Please take broad spectrum antibiotics and urinary antiseptics like Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with urine alkaliser to keep your urine alkaline .

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you