Getting burning sensation in stomach, passing green stool. What should I do for cure?

Haven't felt good for four days. Stomach is now starting to burn. Bowels are turning grayish/light green. What could this be and what should I do about it such as eating, etc.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Epigastric burning sensation (burning in the area of the stomach), usually indicates irritation of the stomach.
Normally the brown colour of the stool is because of changes that occur to the bile pigment as it passes into the colon. Green discolouration can occur if there is a change in the frequency of defecation. It can also be related to supplements containing iron, food dyes or foods high in iron such as spinach and in intestinal diseaes such as the IBS mentioned.
The fact that you are experiencing the change in stool colour along with the burning discomfort and general feeling of being unwell may indicate early or mild gastritis and colitis (inflammation of the intestines)

It would be best to avoid spicy/acidic/citrus foods. In addition foods with dairy or with a high simple sugar content may worsen your symptoms. This would include fruit juices, sodas and any sweet snacks or desserts.
You should drink alot of water and use dry foods such as biscuits and bread. The use of yogurt with probiotics would also be helpful.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions