Getting ankle pain with numbness after a fall, no bruise, no swelling. Cure?

Tripped and fell last night, rolled my ankle and heard it crack. Not very much swelling, no bruising but limping, pain, some numbness and tender to touch. Pain goes up into my leg. Foot goes numb while elevated. Can't walk down stairs without pain and needing to walk sideways so foot doesn't bend as walking. Should I be having this looked at?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 32 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Pain, tenderness and limp while walking and a click during the injury raise the possibility of a fracture or ligamentous injury.
I would advise this to be checked up.

Please get an Xray of the ankle and lower tibia-fibula AP and lateral views and see an orthopaedic surgeon.

Ligament sprain or tear is possible with a twisting injury.
The fracture may be small.

Since it is in the ankle joint area, it needs to be carefully evaluated to look for joint derangement.

You can take simple OTC pain-killers like acetaminophen till then.
Avoid weight-bearing and put a wooden splint/ board to support the affected part.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

It helps us to improve continuously if you could please write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!