Get sharp pain in throat while walking. Recently recovered from chest infection. Suggestions?

I am a 62 year old female who recently had a chest infection which was treated with antibiotics. The nasty phlegm and cough have gone but I get a sharp pain (not a sore throat) in my throat when walking, particularly when the air is cold and worse when walking uphill. Any advice would be welcome
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thank you for putting up your problem to Healthcare Magic!
You are having the convalescent stage of the upper respiratory tract infection.
The tenacious sputum and the soreness or pain in the throat can be eased out in this stage with saline gargles and the decongestant medicines or commonly called the cold remedy medicines which you can take OTC.
take the treatment for 5-7 days to come.
You should avoid driving and operating any complex machinery because the anti-cold remedies impair judgements.
I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you