Get severe headache and vomiting sensation while skipping meals. Take paracetamol. Any other medicine?

Nov 2013

Hi Sir/Madam,

I have observed whenever i delay/missed out my food timing of Breakfast or Lunch, then i used to have severe headache and used to have a vomiting sensation. I have to take plenty of water, so that i can vomit and once i vommit, i feel comfortable. Sometimes i take 1 paracetamol tablet, by which the headache also reduces. Would like to know whether any medication is required or need to change my habit. I also have Migraines.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 15 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Migraine headaches are known to get aggravated after delaying or skipping meals. So, your headaches are a part of migraine.

Simple thing is to change your habits so that headaches would not recur.

There is no need to worry.

Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog:

Follow-up: Get severe headache and vomiting sensation while skipping meals. Take paracetamol. Any other medicine? 46 minutes later

Thank you very much for the advice. Would like to know is it safe to take the Paracetamol tablet(Combiflam) for the headache in the extreme case or should i take Vasograin tablet.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

Both combiflam and vasograin are safe, as long as you take them occasionally (not more than 4 per week and not more than 15 per month).

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)