Get nauseated while eating, pain in neck and legs, swollen lymph nodes. Serious something?

General Surgeon
Question
When i eat i get nauseated . i have muscle pains : back neck and legs.. my chest hurts im losing weigh ...i have swollen lymp noes( glands) ....also im lossing hair and i have anemia low blood
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 55 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can indicate very serious disease. Especially if you have also night sweats, fever and tiredness.
Nausea after eating is usually caused by stomach issues or gallbladder issues. It can be peptic ulcer, stomach inflammation or Helicobacter Pylori infection. Low hemoglobin level and nausea can be caused by chronic stomach inflammation (it is caused pernicious anemia or Addison-Biermer anemia). This is more probable if your MCV level is elevated. Weight loss, hair loss, weakness, muscles pains can be also caused by this condition. The main reason of such symptoms is B12 deficiency (due to bad B12 absorption caused by stomach inflammation).

Such symptoms can be also caused by bad diet (lack of meat in the diet, lack of proteins).

Enlarged lymph nodes usually appear due to an infection. However it can also indicate lymphoma or cancer. That is why, if there is no signs of infection, and this nodes are present for some time, you should have a biopsy of this nodes.

Gastroscopy seems to be advisable as well.

Please attach your blood work results so I can give more accurate answer.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Get nauseated while eating, pain in neck and legs, swollen lymph nodes. Serious something? 43 minutes later
thanks i dont have my blood results because we didnt ask for a copy but i ll get them probly in a couple of days and will give them to you ,, u think that it mite be a parisite or lyme diease or west nile..?

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Parasites are possible, however your symptoms are not characteristic. Moreover, eosynophiles level would be elevated in case of parasites.
Lyme disease usually appears with erythema what is very characteristic for this disease. Flu like symptoms appear, stomach ache or enlarged lymph nodes are rather hardly present with this disease.
West Nile seems most probable from mentioned by you. However in your blood tests, white blood cells level should be elevated.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Get nauseated while eating, pain in neck and legs, swollen lymph nodes. Serious something? 26 hours later
I have my blood results but it does not let me paste them so do you have a email for me to send it to you ?

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 7 hours later
You should be able to add the attachment to this conversation (as a file). If you wont be able to do that, please send the file to YYYY@YYYY and XXXXXXX it for query no. 0000.

Regards.

Follow-up: Get nauseated while eating, pain in neck and legs, swollen lymph nodes. Serious something? 7 hours later
ok this is my blood result.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 6 hours later
Hello!

According to attached blood work there are some neglecting things:
- low hemoglobin level and good MCV level indicates blood loss or chronic inflammatory disease
- eosynophils level is fine so we can rule out parasites
- quite high antibodies levels can indicate some autoimmune process

In my opinion you should visit reumatologist (it is very hard to diagnose autoimmunologic disease from the point of this service). Hematologist should be also consulted and a biopsy of enlarged lymph nodes should be done. Pleas do not wait anymore and take your daughter to mentioned doctors as soon as possible.

Regards.