Get headache frequently. Help?

I have headache problem very frequently. The last time i had headache on 2nd octtober 2013 and today again the same. can you help me why this happens.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic headache...

Detailed Answer:

You seem to be suffering from chronic headache, the cause of which could be related to migraine, tension, sinus problems or refractory errors. Can you elaborate how this headache starts, for how long it lasts and what other symptoms are associated with headache.

The treatment lies in determine the cause of headache. Please provide answers to my initial set of questions and we can discuss more about ways to treat it.

Awaiting your reply...

Follow-up: Get headache frequently. Help? 18 hours later
Mostly the the pain start from the top of the head (the scalp area) not forehead and sometimes between two eyebrows. the pain last for hours untill i take medicine (crocin) which gives relief. I have noted that some time i feel like vomiting and mostly when i am not able to have proper sleep, but i am not sure if that is the reason.

Additonal info: I have delivered a baby last year (2012) in october and since then i get this frequesnt headache.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tension headache vs migraine...

Detailed Answer:

Your description is closely matching features of stress related tension headaches or migraine. In my opinion tension headaches is more likely than migraine.

Any way, the treatment aspect of both these condition remain the same. I suggest my patients the following 4 key steps:
1. Keep a healthy life style. Fasting and sleepless nights will precipitate headaches - eat regularly and sleep adequately at timed intervals. Practice physical exercise, yoga and transcedental meditation.
2. Use crocin or other pain medicine to take care of acute painful moments. Once in a while use of pain killers will not harm you.
3. If headache occurs more than once in 2 weeks, it would be better to start prophylactic every day medicine. I prescribe amitripyline tablets to my patients to prevent these tension headache.
4. It is worth while to undergo laboratory test and rule out other causes. Blood test and CT scan brain are useful test to be considered by your treating doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Get headache frequently. Help? 24 hours later
Thank you doctor for your respone and advice. I will more closelt track the pattern of the headache and go along with your advice. We will get in touch with you for any further clarification.

Thanks once again.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 minute later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I am glad that you found my answers useful. If you have no follow up queries at this point, please close this discussion.