Get a pulling sensation in stomach while bending. Had hysterectomy and gall bladder removal. Advise?

Mar 2013
When I bend over lately I get a pulling sensation in the middle of my stomach, has lasted a month or two so far. I am 49 years old , female don't smoke or drink, had a hysterectomy about 8 years ago and have had gall bladder remival
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
There can be a few causes for the problem you describe.
The first reason I can think of is muscle stiffness, which is common with advancing age and declining laxity of muscles and joints. Particularly in females, as they approach menopause, you would find postures and exercises that you used to do easily earlier, relatively difficult. This is due to the effect of the hormonal changes. In particular, if you bend after standing still or resting for a long time, it would be more uncomfortable.
Another reason could be a pulled muscle in the area, due to unnatural twisting or over stretching.
If you hurt yourself and it went unnoticed, particularly in the tummy area, you could find such a picture.
Rare causes could include disease pathology in the XXXXXXX organs, such as the stomach, liver or pancreas.

Try resting yourself for a few days.
Massage and physiotherapy also would help.
If you do not get relieved and the pain or discomfort increases, please consult a Physician.
Make sure you are not deficient in calcium and vitamin D.
All the best.
Follow-up: Get a pulling sensation in stomach while bending. Had hysterectomy and gall bladder removal. Advise? 16 minutes later
Could it be adhesions? As it has lasted a while now feels more than a pulled muscle. I have also noticed urinary urgency when standing up?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 17 minutes later
Well, adhesions would cause pain overall, not necessarily only when bending over.
Regarding urinary urgency, please have a gynaecological evaluation as sometimes post hysterectomy, the anatomy of tissues changes leading to urinary urgency.
This is easily corrected by a small stitch.
Also, it could be caused by irritation of inflammation of the bladder, for which also you need to see a Specialist.