Genitals are burning, pain in testicles. Was diagnosed with HSV. Prescribed with cream for jock itch. Reason?

My genitals are burning. It comes and goes, but when it comes, it really is painful. I was diagnosed with hsv 2, two years ago. I went too see my Doctor about this. Initially I thought it was a symptom of hsv 2, but he says it is not because I told him this feeling last a long time. He said it is probably jock itch. He gave me some cream, but it had not help. I also went to see my dermatologist, but they said the same thing. It does not burn or give me pain at night, only when I get up and go to work. The dermatologist had given me creams, but they do not help. There is also testical pain, like someone is holding it.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Your symptoms of such type of burning in your scrotal area,in the absense of any fungal infection, could be because of many reasons like..
It could be because of repeated jerks as it happens in driving a large vehicle.
It could be because of repeated friction as it happens in bicycle riding
It could be because of some infection in epidydmis
It may be because of presence of varicocele.
I would advise you to consult a surgeon,get yourself physically examined and get a ultrasound of scrotum done.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck